Tuesday 8 March 2011

I won stuff! :)

First off, I won this. A critique of something I have yet to decide on, but it'll be a query or an opening, whatever I opt for.

Secondly, I won these Buffy books!! They look so preeeeettty. Mmm, boooookz (instead of braiiiinz)

Thirdly, I was awarded the Stylish Blogger award by Sully (at least I think that's your name :D) at Sully's Scribbles.

So thank you to Hope Junkie, Elizabeth Twist and Sully for these prizes!

Also, I attended the Soundwave Music Festival yesterday, Monday March 7th, and I am now a wee bit sunburnt in patches. Small fact about me - I tend to get really weird suntans, like in funny patterns/patches. Well, it's happened again! Anyway, my review (very, very long) of the festival can be found HERE. In brief I will say I saw a lot of great bands, but the highlights for me were Melvins, Monster Magnet, Stone Sour and Iron Maiden. :)

Thanks to everyone who's commented on my blogfest entries lately. With the Catch Me If You Can Blogfest, there are fifty participants! So it will take me a while to get 'round to everyone, but I'm working on it. :)

In other news, we got a new participant in the Chrysalis Experiment. YAY!! Welcome to our little gig Jes!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

P.S. I know this is sad, but I got invited out to dinner tonight...and part of me wishes I could just stay at home revising my novel!! I didn't get to do any revision/writing yesterday, due to the aforementioned music festival. I was looking forward to getting something done tonight. Oh well. :P

7 comments:

  1. Don't ever be sad that you got invited to dinner. It's much better spending time with real people (especially if any of them are attractive men) than it is to spend time with the voices in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! This is exiting :)
    I'm jealous and happy for you at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great news! Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh. . . Buffy (done to the voice of Homer Simpson). Awesome. Congrats on all the wins. #winning!
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very rarely win anything, so this was cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, congrats on winning all that stuff. Funny thing though, I actually came by to let you know you're the winner of the Amazon gift card I gave away for my blogfest! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!