Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

It's that special day when we spend more money on our mums than usual and act as if they aren't awesome EVERY single day of the year! Just kidding, it's more a celebration of how awesome our mothers are all year round!

First off, a BIG happy Mother's Day to all my blogging friends who are mums! I honestly truly do not know how you do it! You are an inspiration, though I must admit just hearing about your lives and how you juggle kids with all your other commitments makes me tired. LOL. I hope you all have a great day and get pampered like crazy!

Secondly (but not least...ly), happy Mother's Day to my awesome mum who helped make me the awesome person I am today. *clears throat* Okay, moving on... lol. For a lot of my life my mum was a single parent and she did an amazing job raising my lil brother and I (he's not so little now, at 6'4") with pretty much no help! She is my best friend and my friends have always been envious of me for my mum. Today I'm going over to her house with a bunch of books for her to choose from (she asked me for some on Facebook. hehe). I am also taking my DVD copy of North & South (the Richard Armitage version) for us to watch (we're giving ourselves 4-5 hours to get through it, including breaks :D). Then we'll go out for dinner at a nearby Thai place.

In closing, meet my mum (the last one is of me and her in 2005):



16 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Cute pictures!!!

    Happy Mothers Day too!!


    with warm regards
    CatchyTips For Writers

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's lovely, and you shine together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love it!! We love our moms everyday, but it's nice to have one day when we get to say, "not today, kids, it's MY day!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture is so cute.
    Happy Mom's day to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great pic ... thanks for sharing. Happy Mother's Day to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day. We had ours earlier in the UK.
    Great pic and tribute. You look alike :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! I hope you are having a brilliant day together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Trisha - your post has brought tears to my eyes! I hope you are having a wonderful day with your mum.

    My daughter's are still fairly young and I am lucky because we are very close. It is my fondest hope that we continue to be so close as they (and I lol) age. I would love it so much if we are all best friends when they are adults.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, adorable photos! Hope you had a great time with your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by everyone! :)

    @Sheery - sounds like you are on the right track! My mum admits she was lucky with my brother and I - we were pretty mild kids, as in never got into any real trouble.

    We had a great day, except got talked into going to the WRONG Thai place - not very good food. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think so too - I didn't take any of 'em. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos - thanks for sharing! My mom and I played board games all day on Mother's Day - we're the only two in the family who could spend an entire day playing board games. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!