Sunday 2 October 2011

Hale Hoe-down on Monument Hill


I, uh...did nothing today. That's not true, I did things. But none of them were related to my writing. For shame!! But I guess that little thing called life sometimes gets in the way. Anyway, I do have something to talk about today, and it will involve me posting a photograph or...seven.

I rarely get sick, but if I do I like to nip it in the bud by staying at home and drinking red wine, orange juice and scotch. But moving on...! This Tuesday just gone, I was off from work with a cold. Unfortunately it was cleaner day, so I had to be out of the house for a few hours. Don't you just hate timing like that? I really wanted to just lie on the couch. No such luck, but I did make the most of those displaced hours.

After I'd done boring crap nobody wants to have to do, particularly while on sick leave, I wound up at Monument Hill Memorial in Fremantle, on the very day that we'd had hale warnings and so on. I sat there doing my paper edit - ha! I did mention my writing after all! - and watching the pretty groovy weather from the dry warmth of my car. I'm not going to say much more, except to explain that one minute I could see the ocean, the next everything was all white-grey, and finally the skies cleared enough for me to glimpse patches of blue sky. All this in the space of...well, less than an hour at least. In short, slightly cressy weather!


13 comments:

  1. Wow - fab photos! Hope that you're feeling better!
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photographs. And you did comment!! I don't know what happened to it! And I think another comment disappeared. Weird-- blogger gets bloggy on us sometimes and it's really annoying. I will add your comment to my reply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really rainy. Where I live, the weather has been gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cool pictures! Feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying your red wine, orange juice and scotch elixir to ward off colds in the future. Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better!

    Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rain! It's so relaxing. I hope you got a nap in and you're feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those pics! great that you can find beauty when feeling yucky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey everyone, thanks for the comments! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I love stormy weather, personally! As for my cold, I'm mostly over it but it's still clinging on. Little bastard!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rain is amazing. We're having a heat wave hear. In October? In England? Oh, weather. You are so crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've written in the car before and it was great! My then-toddler fell asleep and I didn't want to wake her to carry her in the house, so I just parked and wrote for half an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, another day washed away! We here in California are crying for rain, as the wildfire season begins. Glad the day turned out productive in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Deborah - I hate heat waves! but I agree, weather is getting a little weird these days. Our summers get more and more humid (which I hate).

    @Beth - Sounds like that was the way to go! hehe. It's really nice, especially when you're warm & dry and there's crazy rain outside.

    @Susan - I definitely know how that is. We are usually in drought during summer (and often we don't get enough rain in winter either).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!