Sunday 11 December 2011

49 short stories


I caught up on those Chrysalis stories! Now I'm just three short stories away from having written 52 short stories in a year (one per week), and from truly earning that sparkly button! Last time I did a Chrysalis stats update, I had written 40 stories. Now I've written 49. Some are finished, some are not. Some are utter crap, and some are not. They're certainly all rough drafts, to go with all the other 'rough draft' material I've written this year. And you know what that means, right? Editing in my future. But not yet. Ohhhh no, not yet.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to Chrysalis being over. I know my fellow participants will understand wholeheartedly. My co-hosts Jenn, Winter and I haven't actually finalised any plans for next year yet, but I do have something planned myself, regardless of what others will be doing. I do hope to have some fellow participants, but I know firsthand what a huge commitment it is, so I won't blame my fellows if they're desperate for a rest.

Here I am, talking like we're finished. We aren't. But we're not far off. Only three weeks, three prompts, and three stories to go. Craaaazy! Just for the record, Scrivener tells me I've written 106,360 words so far. But I'll leave the in-depth reflection on stats and so on for once we're actually done.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Trisha -
    If you do something like this again next year, I'd be really keen to join you. I could do with something that is so sustained
    Well done on catching up, and I hope you enjoy the last couple
    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trisha!

    Well done on all that wordage! Wow! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool! Fifty two stories is doable if they were short. Long ones would be okay too if I weren't blogging so darn much.


    Lee
    On 12/12—Blogging advice from a blogging expert (no it’s not me)
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, that takes a whole lot of dedication. You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think there's any other writer that writes as much as you do. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't be writing nearly as much in 2012 Liz, thankfully! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've got 45 finished. I was supposed to catch up last week, but that sort of failed. I do, however, have ideas for the rest and a line for #46.

    I was thinking, as part of our stats, that maybe we could do how many were in first person, third, etc. and like if we had male or female MCs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool thoughts Brooke! I figure we can do something like that in our 'exit' surveys :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, and we can count the post-apocalyptic dystopias and references to Susan! :)
    I've got to catch up myself; I only just got through with 46. what sacrifices one makes for NaNoWriMo. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Susan thing got a bit out of control what with Susan becoming Catrina's most-often-met enemy. At least I'm pretty sure she was, right?? hehe

    But I like your idea of counting stories that reference Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!