Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Eve and writing goals!


Photo ©  Konstantin Chagin
I shall be drinking both those glasses of champagne this evening (or at least, glasses of champagne that look similar)! It's New Year's Eve and that's reason enough to celebrate! (not that I need much excuse for champagne...and yes, I did go through a phase when I hated the stuff, but I've done a 180 since then!) But I have another reason to celebrate.

I achieved all my writing/revising/etc. goals for 2011!!

I have put up a page for 2012's goals, so we'll see how I go with those. I will have a period of about four weeks in March/April when I'll be overseas, so I will be taking that into account. But for now I am basking in my achievements for this year. Instead of rehashing them, I will just point you to the 2011 goals page.

Have an awesome New Year's Eve, and I'll see you in 2012!!!

14 comments:

  1. So many congratulations on achieving every single, last goal!! And you had a lot of goals! You can be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did Mark Twain write about the New Year and resolutions?

    New Year's Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual. ~Mark Twain

    May most of your dreams come true this 2012 with enough left over to give you zest for the journey to next year, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW girl! That is quite an achievement! Congratulations!

    Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - Roland, I really like that Twain quote. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's INCREDIBLE that you met all your goals for the year! I'm so happy for you! And drink an extra glass of champagne for me :P There won't be any at my inlaws...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, big congratulations on achieving ALL your writing goals this year! That is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on meeting all of your goals! :)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I refuse to make goals. :)

    But YAY for you! Woohoo!
    Champagne...hmmm...I'll be drinking Heineken Light in your honor!

    Cheers!

    Sandi
    http://www.ahhsome.wordpress.com
    Lake Forest, CA USA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on meeting all your goals! I hope this next year proves to be more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the Twain quote too. Good man, Twain.
    Congrats on achieving all your goals! Bravo, huzzah, etc! And a happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's amazing! I love that you completed your writing goals. You are a super-focused woman.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that picture!! (did you take it?)

    Happy New Year and best wishes to you in the coming days. Hope we all find success with our writing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Trisha! Glad you achieved your writing goals for 2011. And so organised for 2012 too! I've yet to put pen to paper on that one, but I know writing is receiving more priority this year with lots more subs going out.

    I drained a bottle or two of champers at my New Years's party so I feel very virtuous not drinking much for a long time now, lol.

    So where are you going overseas this year? As you know I head to Perth in a coupla weeks and hope to get to maybe Alaska, Canada and the US this year all going to plan.

    All the best for 2012.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!