Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday Session #3

Time for another Sunday Session, in which I share with you guys the music I've listened to most in the last week! Every week so far there's been some kind of tie for 'top spot'. This week is no exception, and there are eight songs to feature!

Commentary is at the bottom, but first, this week's songs are:













  • Blue Öyster Cult, "Shooting Shark" - this is a lot more 80s than most of their stuff that I've heard, but I absolutely loooove it (new discovery) (and yes, I do love 80s stuff in general. hehe).
  • Janet Jackson, "Velvet Rope" - a relatively recent (i.e. last year or two) discovery as well. Beautiful song, and the album is great too!
  • Seam, "Sweet Pea" - a very rockin' alt. rock song, one of my all-time faves by this band, who I discovered by accident because my dad gave me a Seam CD he'd bought second hand and didn't want anymore.
  • VAST, "Lost" - it took me so long to finally buy this VAST album (Visual Audio Sensory Theatre) but I am very glad I did, and this song is one of the reasons.
  • Mylo, "In My Arms" - I do like the odd bit of dance music, and I can thank a dance-mad friend for introducing me to this guy & a few of his songs that I really like!
  • Stabbing Westward, "When I’m Dead" - lovely depressing gothic-ness, I suppose. haha.
  • Bullet For My Valentine, "Forever And Always" - this track seems to get a bit of flack from BFMV fans, but I like it! So there!
  • Alice In Chains, "Private Hell" - this is from the "new" Alice in Chains, sans Layne Staley. I was a little bit doubtful, personally, about AIC continuing after Layne's tragic demise, but this song is an e.g. of how they're doing it right (in my opinion).

And that wraps up another Sunday Session as well as another week! I hope everyone's had a great weekend, and I'll see you next week!

23 comments:

  1. I wish I had an internet connection that didn't take forever to load video, because I'd love to hear the song you put up. Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how that is Laura...gahh, stupid slow internet!

      Delete
  2. Great songs! I really love the Alice In Chains one, sounds so close to the same, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the guy does a good job of filling in for Layne!

      Delete
  3. It's always interesting to hear what kind of music people listen to. It says a lot about a person, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Of course, my music taste is pretty varied, so I wonder what that days...? hehe

      Delete
  4. Wow.
    I cannot remember the last Janet Jackson song I listened to.
    Crazy :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the main one I listen to, and I only have heard one of her albums (THE VELVET ROPE, naturally) in full. I've wanted to explore her music further for a fair while though.

      Delete
  5. Stabbing Westward, Alice in Chains and Bullet for My Valentine in one post!!! I'm squealing. I want to swap CD collections with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should show off a list of all the CDs I own :) There are many! But many more still that I have yet to buy!

      Delete
  6. Good music choices. I need to put some of this on my MP3 player.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love Alice in Chains in college~ haven't listened to them in a long time, though, so thanks for the recommendation on their newer stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries :) I still love all the music of my youth (high school days) which included AIC. Of course I still love all the older stuff I knew when I was a kid, too :D (Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc.)

      Delete
  8. Such great tracks! Love me some Velvet Rope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet! It's been so long since I heard one of her songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great songs. I think the first one is my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little bit addictive for me right now!

      Delete
  11. I've never heard of any of these songs before . . . thanks for the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these are new to me. I liked some and not so much others but in general, these are good recommendations. Thanks Trisha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!