Sunday 12 February 2012

Sunday Session #6 ... and SATC

It's Sunday, and time for me to share the songs I've listened to most in the last week. This week the number one position was taken by a song that was featured previously in session #4 - Catherine Wheel's "Salt". Definitely one of my all-time faves, but as it's already been featured I will skip to the runners-up this week instead (and yes, it's another tie):







  • Catherine Wheel, "Texture" - from the same album as "Salt", and I'd have to say my favourite CW album of all of them!
  • Weezer, "The World Has Turned And Left Me Here" - Weezer are sort of cute and dorky while at the same time being rather rockin'. I think this song sums that up nicely. Very fun lyrics, even though the song appears to be about being dumped.
  • Cold, "Anatomy of a Tidal Wave" - I think I have heard about 3 songs by Cold, and I don't really know anything about the band. But I do know that I love this song!

Anyway, that's it for another Sunday Session! Now I want to mention that I just finished re-watching SEX AND THE CITY, the series, and it was one of those situations where you're compelled to keep watching just so you can get it over with and get back to "real life". I was compelled, of course, because I love the show, but I'm kind of glad my re-watch is done! Now I need to watch the movie again. And incidentally, I'm not a huge fan of the second movie, but I guess it had its moments.

Happy weekend everyone, and if you've left comments in the last few days for various blogfests and I haven't left any for you, don't worry, I'll get to your blog!

12 comments:

  1. Love the back ground.
    I enjoy how you share your music -- It's fun to hear things other than what I am generally playing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy it Judie :) thanks, the background is a photo of a tree's reflection in a car window. ;)

      Delete
    2. Ha! I knew it had to have been taken through a car window. Love it. ^^

      Delete
    3. I also 'mirrored' it to try and get rid of the "tiled" problem, but it probably still shows up tiled in some browser resolutions (I hope it doesn't).

      Delete
  2. My husband LOVES Catherine Wheel! Not a band one sees listed often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, they're not too well known, but I hope to spread the word a bit via my blog! hehe. Your husband has great taste!

      Delete
  3. I hadn't heard of Cold - off to check them out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me what you find out, as it may be more than I know! hehe

      Delete
  4. I still have not watched the second movie.

    Also - I adore Weezer. They were my band this weekend - I go through phases like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably got it's good points but...yeah, a bit too "I'm complaining even though I'm so rich I have a full-time nanny for my kids" for my taste. ;)

      Delete
  5. Great music. I especially like the Texture song.

    I've only watched previews for Sex and the City; and haven't been compelled to watch any of the actual episodes. I guess I'm just not the chic lit kinda girl.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. From your selection my fav is 'Cold'.

    I haven't seen the 2nd movie for Sex in the City. I keep hearing bad things about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!