Tuesday 9 April 2013

A-Z '13 - Highway to Hell & Hang Around


UPDATE 10/4/13: I had to edit this post to add a second video, because really, H had to be a tie. I had totally forgotten somehow that I'd already picked out an "H" song, and it happens to be by one of my favourite Aus bands of all time, Tumbleweed. Plus, the video is so worth seeing - it features a giant chicken-zilla! So while I love "Highway to Hell", it can't be alone in the H-spotlight! ;)


Hang Around Tumbleweed




During April a bunch of bloggers are participating in the A-to-Z blogging challenge of 2013. My theme for 2013 is an A-to-Z list of classic Aussie tunes - either classic or just plain songs I like. Today we're up to the letter "H" and for my H song I've chosen:

Highway to Hell - AC/DC

AC/DC are the obvious choice for a whole lot of A to Z letters, but this is definitely one of my favourite tunes by them, even if I have only ever done a cover song version of "Thunderstruck". ;) "Highway to Hell" was great already, but nowadays it has the added bonus of reminding me of one of my favourite shows ever, Supernatural (hubba hubba). Anyway, there were a lot of great songs in my "H" selection, though it got whittled down by which had available videos):

Honourable mentions:

18 comments:

  1. I remember my sister blaring this on her boombox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect choice for H. Great song, great band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AC-DC is awesome and this is a great song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome. Love AC/DC!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Hand on your Heart. Very cool video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love AC/DC, love Supernatural, love your mentions, too! great choice, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! I remember AC/DC from a younger day! Old memories! Thank you. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I've been on that highway to hell a few times...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song. A classic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them and that song and loved that you mentioned Supernatural. I love that show.

    Dark Thoughts Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm an 'oldie' so my H song would be Halfway to Paradise by Billy Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A definite classic rock song that everyone should have in their collection. Love this one. Thanks for stopping by Smurfin' The Web

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that song from "Megamind". :) Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't go wrong with AC/DC! Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap would've been great for a D post for someone. :)
    Cheers!
    Jess / Blogging on the Brink

    ReplyDelete
  15. AC/DC rock!
    I remember Home and Away! I used to watch it in Turkey in summers, because it was subtitled - so I could just listen in English when I missed English tv!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No Harpoon? I STILL need to get my hands on the SFK song.
    But i'd have gone with James Reyne, Hammerhead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!