Wednesday 3 June 2015

IWSG #13 - "So far away" like the Dire Straits song


I feel that I could sing that epic Dire Straits song to all of my novels, all of my undrawn drawings, all my short stories ... etc. Those beloved things are all fairly far away from me! I did some editing in the last month (at least, I think it was within the last month ... the days and weeks are going by in a blur), at a writer's gathering which I mentioned recently. But that's it, really.

I guess at least I've been reading, staying in touch somehow with the craft. But I do miss the writing. I've been busy with work, a little bit of travel, kitty rescue, and family stuff. So it's not like I've just been sitting around doing nothing. Also, I'm getting solar panels on my roof, and I'm signing up for REAL INTERNET (e.g. not this little pocket wifi with a puny data allowance that I've survived on for years now). But in general I guess I feel a little bereft, and far removed from the craft I love - the craft of writing. At least I still have the very strong desire to write! If I didn't have that, I'd be worried.

On a related note, this is June, and June is BuNoWriMo month. I'm admitting to myself and to the world here and now that I'm not participating this year, as much as I wish I was. But I will be ready for NaNo in November, at least.

Right now I need to go as I am super sleep deprived, since I woke up in the middle of the night last night worried about all the homeless kitties my group hasn't managed to adopt out yet. But I'm glad I managed to update for this monthly IWSG hop which I have missed quite a few times lately. It's important to me, just like writing is!

8 comments:

  1. I've been feeling removed from writing and blogging as well and am hoping to get my spark back. It's hard when there are so many things competing for our time and attention. Your kitty work is so important and literally saves lives so I really admire all you do with it! Hope the homeless ones find their new families soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still have the passion, which is good.
    Awesome you are getting real Internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to be a common theme in all the IWSG posts I've been reading today, Trisha. Life is making it hard to find the time to do what we really want to do most: Write! Me included! But then life and doing things like rescuing homeless kitties is meaningful too ~ That's why you're doing those things. It sounds like the first thing you need to do is get a good night's sleep. Everything seems better after a good sleep. Good luck! I don't usually add my blog address in a comment but I'm trying to honor your request above: http://selkiegrey4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing comes in different forms and you wrote this post. High five!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss a writing routine too. And then I stare at a blank page and let the rest of my life block what I sat down to write. Frustrating.

    There is only so much you can do in this world Trisha. Perhaps when you are thinking on your day, you can remember all the good you did and be rested for another day of success. You are doing great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get your writer mojo back soon. Maybe the improved Internet will help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean. Right now, prepping two of my books for publishing and work are completely taking over my life. I haven't written anything fictional for weeks, and that fact is starting to gnaw at me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been far away from me, too. On the bright side, you're still blogging, and that really does count. Good luck placing the kittehs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!